adidas TERREX swift | 2nd to 4th June 2012
For this event teams will be paddling open canoes, not kayaks, during the event. Canoes are available to hire as part of the online entry process.
You can hire canoes for use during event at £40 per canoe as part of the online entry process. This fee includes the hire and transportation of the canoe. Paddles and bouyancy aids are also available for hire at £10 each.
If you wish to use your own canoe, we will provide details of a drop off and pickup locations nearer the time.
- The canoe must be a standard single-hulled open canoe between 15 and 17.5 foot in length; touring type canoe and be capable of carrying two team members - no sprint / racing boats
- All boats must be fitted with adequate bouyancy for grade 2 moving water
- Each boat requires a line fitted on each end
- Single ended paddles must be used and a spare carried in each boat.
- Each canoe requires one person with a minimum of the 2 star UKCC qualification or 3 star in the old BCU system or EPP Canoe level 2.
- Equivalent oveseas certification maybe accepted - please send us a copy of the syllabus and the certificate you have.
- It is HIGHLY recommended that each team member gains experience of paddling canoes on moving water prior to the race
- Kites / Sails can not be used
- Competitors should be aware that the priority of the safety staff is with people first not canoes.
Please see the kit list page here
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask we would rather deal with queries in the months before the event than at the start. Please do not put yourself or us in awkward position on the day of the event - we will stand by the statements listed above.
We will update the website nearer the event date with details of what competitors are expected to do in the event on a emergency or a problem on the water.